Garden City Historical Museum
The Garden City Historical Museum saw it’s early days at Maplewood Elementary School (Maplewood, west of Merriman Rd.). From there it was relocated to what was affectionately known as “The Log Cabin” (pictured right). The Log Cabin was originally a gas station at Ford Rd. and Outer Drive before it was relocated to Garden City Park (1950).
Due to its deteriorating condition, around 2002 the City announced plans to raze the Log Cabin. A search began for a new location. Enter the Straight Farmhouse.
In late 2004 The Straight Farmhouse was purchased by The Friends of The Garden City Historical Museum, a Private non-profit corporation.
The artifacts were moved by the City from the Log Cabin to The Straight Farmhouse in early 2006, and the Grand “Re-Opening” of the Garden City Historical Museum took place on October 20, 2006.
Lead Historian- Jack Kerstetter
Enjoy this short video and learn more about the Museum and our Lead Historian and President of the Garden City Historical Commission, Jack Kerstetter.
Interested in hearing more on the Museum? Check out the video below.
(Produced by Dan York and Christian Gibbons, and Hosted by Evan Chapman)